Today I turn 30 years old so I thought I would honor this milestone with 30 random things about myself.
1. I spent my 20’s trying to find love. Once I gave up searching and focused on enjoying my life, I “found” BR who was working at my office mail room for 2 years before we developed a friendship.
2. I have had anxiety about turning 30 since I turned 26. And for what? Nothing. Turning 30 is awesome. In fact, I have been mentally 30 for the past 3 years.
3. I love cooking. And sometimes baking. Moving out at the age of 24 did wonders for my cooking skills.
4. I have developed a bit of a Type A personality. Especially when it comes to menu planning.
5. I LOVE wine. Booze in general is kind of overrated now.
6. I get hungover after 1 cheap drink. Even worse if i chase it with junk food.
7. I don’t remember the last time I bought myself something “just because”…cookies and cupcakes don’t count.
8. I never thought I would say this but, I’m ready to settle down.
9. Someday, I want babies…but-
10. I don’t like teenagers. Especially the rowdy ones on the train station. I now appreciate all the coaching my mother gave me when I became a strap hanger at 13.
10. I want to go back to school.
11. I love my dog like people love their children. I don’t understand people who don’t love pets like family.
12. I found out vacations on a cruise ship are not my thing the hard way. actually, anything involving water and the ocean is not my thing. I got seasick watching Life of Pi and Captain Phillips- that officially makes me the lamest person on the planet.
13. Everything makes me cry.
14. I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
15. If I had a choice to go on a shopping spree or go to a fancy dinner, I choose dinner. Always.
16. I have no regrets in my life. Even when I blew off BR the first time he hinted he was attracted to me on my 28th birthday. It was almost a whole year after that I fell in love with him.
17. I am 3.5 years older than BR. When I envisioned the man I would end up with, I always imagined he would be mature. BR’s age is irrelevant. He is the most mature man I have ever been with.
18. I am still learning about myself and the person I want to become. I feel like a good wine; getting better with age!
19. I find myself saying and doing things like my mother. And I am okay with that.
20. My mother is my best friend. Please see number 13 because I am totally crying right now.
21. Blogging and Yelping have opened doors to many great and hopefully life-long friendships for me!
22. I love to daydream.
23. Working at Starbucks changed my life. It lead me to my current job. Do everything in life, like you love it. You never know who you will influence with your joy… like, the Director of Personnel at the office across the street from Starbucks.
24. Some day, I might move out of New York. I never thought I would be okay with that.
25. I talk in my sleep. Sexy, I know.
26. I love the rain. And snow. And snow days. With fluffy socks, warm pajamas, and hot cocoa.
27. I haven’t slept past 8am in 3 years. I wake up at 7am every day. Even if I went to bed really late.
28. Before BR and I moved in together, my bedtime was never before midnight. Now, I can barely keep my eyes open after 10:30.
29. Most of my life lessons were learned from watching Friend and Sex and the City.
30. BR and my closest friends secretly planned an intimate dinner at Tao Downtown in honor of my 30th birthday. Please see Number 13. Knowing who my friends are by their endless acts of love and kindness at this point in my life is priceless.