Well Kiddos, the day is FINALLY here. For me, Thanksgiving is a special day. Not only do I get to stuff my face with anything that is put in front of me, which I give many thanks for, but it marks another year of life.
Tomorrow is my Birthday.
28 21 and as I reflect on the year that has passed, I am very grateful for all the amazing blessings that have been bestowed upon me. I am rich with amazing friends. I have an AWESOME and supportive family. And I have you guys. So, thanks for sticking with me for all these years and here’s to many more; for as long as I can make you hungry and make you smile.
With that, I am wishing you and your family a very happy, and safe Thanksgiving!
Before I let you go, I wanted to send you off with a proper list of Notes to keep in mind. One cannot survive Thanksgiving without them:
1. If you drink heavily on Thanksgiving Eve, Call dibs on the turkey leg. The protein will knock that hangover outta park. And if it doesn’t, at least you scored the leg!
2. Try to nix the big breakfast. Its not easy, especially when I am the one cooking. I opt for a piece of fruit and a cup of coffee.
3. Leave the bread basket Alone. Hi, I am the kettle. The pot is Black.
4. Wear stretchy pants! If you are gonna stuff your face, you are gonna have to be comfortable when you have to crawl away from the dining table to the couch to lay down. If you do lay down, don’t lay on your tummy… trust me on that one.
5. If you are cooking, DON’T TASTE WHILE YOU COOK. This is such a struggle for me…but it never fails. In my attempts to make something “just right”, I fill myself up to the extent when I sit at the table I am practically full.
6. Sit at the kids table. I’m a grown ass adult and I still sit at the “kids” table. But really, they arent fooling anyone. I know that is the “AWESOME” table.
7. Have your Cake. And your Pie. And Your Cookies. And any other sweet that is on the table. This happens once a year!
8. Don’t wear anything too warm. Ever hear of the “meat sweats”? That itis was invented on thanksgiving.
9. Be a little cheesy. Tomorrow is not promised. We go around the table before we eat and say what we are thankful for.
10. GET OFF OF THE COMPUTER and go Stuff yer face!